When most people think of kitchen flooring, they think of tile or vinyl flooring, not wood. But to overlook wood flooring for your kitchen is to miss out on an opportunity to create a beautiful, durable, and reliable floor people will admire in what is probably the most popular room of your home.
One of the best reasons for choosing wooden kitchen floors is how wood can easily enhance the look of your kitchen. Wood adds an elegant touch and provides warm character to this hard-working space. In today’s more open floor plans, it also enables you to seamlessly transition from kitchen to dining to entertaining areas by tying the flooring together with a uniform look that supports a wide variety of architectural and interior-decorating styles.
Some of the many benefits of wooden kitchen floors include:
- Design options multiple wood species, styles, and colors provide a wide range of choices and finishes to complement any kitchen.
- Longevity Wood flooring is remarkably durable and can stand up to the high traffic of most kitchens for years.
- Value Because it’s so durable, wood flooring can last for decades. Even when it’s finally showing some wear, it can often simply be refinished – no need to tear it up and replace it.
- Easy maintenance Regular sweeping and damp mopping is usually all it takes to keep a wood floor looking its best.
- Comfort Because wood is an organic material it’s easier on your feet and back than unforgiving tile or polished concrete. Wood is also warmer – a great benefit during New England’s cold winters.
Wooden floors showcase the natural beauty of wood grain and make any room appear warmer and more elegant, including kitchens. Wooden kitchen floors can be purchased prefinished or unfinished and come in a wide range of colors and tones, making it easy to find a look that coordinates with any kitchen design.
A popular wood flooring option is reclaimed and recycled lumber. Nothing adds unique character and interest to flooring as the wide planks of antique lumber as well as the marks and general wear-and-tear that hints at an interesting previous life of the wood. Here at Bingham Lumber, we source all of our reclaimed lumber from responsible and respected suppliers and then carefully remill and recondition the wood as needed to give it added life and make it compatible with modern building standards.
So if you’re in the process of building or renovating a kitchen, consider wood flooring to add beauty, durability, and value. To learn more about the benefits of wood flooring and the various woods available, talk with the experts here at Bingham Lumber.